V. Robbins Oil company was established by our grandfather, Vardaman Robbins in 1938. Vardaman Robbins was better known as Papa by the family and Mr. V. by close friends and customers. V. Robbins Oil Company began as a Sinclair distributorship located on Main Street where the Renasant Center for Ideas is now located. In the mid 1960’s the business was moved to South Gloster Street and in the early 1970”s the oil company relocated to our current location in Verona. During this time the oil company changed to the Phillips 66 brand from Sinclair.
Papa and his wife Elsie Robbins had three sons, James, Joe and John. The business name changed to V. Robbins & Sons until its incorporation as Robbins Brothers, Inc. In 1992 the oil company diversified into the retail market, and in 1997 built a convenience store on the corner of Palmetto Road and old Highway 45 in Verona. This location is special because it was previously Vardaman and Elsie Robbins’ homeplace. To honor our grandfather, we decided to name the convenience store business Papa V’s. In 2009, we opened a store at 438 East. Main Street, directly across the street from where the oil company began in 1938.